Aljoscha advises national and international clients on all corporate matters, in particular medium-sized and publicly listed companies as well as corporate groups undergoing transformation, restructuring, M&A transactions and subsequent regulations. This work includes personally advising business executives, executive boards and supervisory boards. Aljoscha also advises clients on capital market issues.
Aljoscha completed his studies in law at the Eberhard Karls University in Tübingen. Prior to joining BRP, he worked as an academic assistant at the department for Civil Law, Civil Procedure and Insolvency Law, European and International Private and Procedural Law at the Eberhard Karls University Tübingen (Prof. Dr. Christoph Thole, Dipl.-Kfm.). He also worked as an attorney in a medium-sized law firm in Stuttgart. Aljoscha is a member of the Bankrechtliche Vereinigung – Wissenschaftliche Gesellschaft für Bankrecht e.V. Aljoscha is working as an attorney at BRP since 2015.
Aljoscha speaks German and English.
- HSH Sued by Talanx, Baloise Over Hybrid-Capital Payouts (1), Bloomberg, 15.03.2018, Karin Matussek, (Interview with Dr. Ulrich-Peter Kinzl). The interview can be found here.
- Lone Star’s IKB Sued by Investors Alleging Accounting Tricks (1), Bloomberg, 9.12.2017, Karin Matussek. The article can be found here.
- Interview: Holders of profit participation certificates and bonds of IKB Deutsche Industriebank AG and ProPart Funding L.P. could be entitled to high repayment claims, Börsen-Zeitung, 18.06.2016, Author Walther Becker, no. 115, p. 9 (Interview with Dr. Ulrich-Peter Kinzl). The interview can be found here.
- No participation of profit participation certificates in loss carryforwards from previous years, BKR 2018 (coming soon) (with Dr. Ulrich-Peter Kinzl)
- Protection of (hybrid) capital investors from the "excessive" allocation to the fund for general banking risks (section 340g German Commercial Code), BKR 2017, pp. 309 ff.
- HSH's hybrid capital investors could be entitled to repayment claims, Börsen-Zeitung, issue 249, p. 9, 24.12.2016 (with Dr. Ulrich-Peter Kinzl)
- The control of terms and conditions of participation certificates in accordance with the rules on general terms and conditions (sections 305 et seq. German Civil Code), WM 2016, pp. 2160 ff. (with Dr. Ulrich-Peter Kinzl)
- Content and scope of loss participation and replenishment clauses for profit participation certificates – at the same time a critical examination of the decision of the Munich Regional Court I dated July 31, 2014 – 5 HK O 27989/12 – „Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG“, BKR 2015, pp. 274 ff.
- The bankruptcy challenge of (excessive) salaries and remunerations of managers, chief restructuring officers and external restructuring consultants, BB 1/2/2014, pp. 3 ff. (with Prof. Dr. Christoph Thole)
Comments on judgements
- Comment on Dresden Higher Regional Court, judgment of 12 April 2017 – 13 U 917/16 - AGB control of subordination agreements in terms and conditions of profit participation rights, WuB 2018, pp. 33 ff.
- Comment on the Federal Court of Justice, Judgment of 14 June 2016 – II ZR 121/15 - Right of holders of participation certificates to information, WuB 2016, pp. 747 ff.
- Comment on Munich Higher Regional Court, judgment of 11 June 2015 - 23 U 3443/14 - Interpretation and content control of terms and conditions of participation certificates, WuB 2016, pp. 340 ff.
- Comment on the European Court of Justice, Judgment of 7 July 2011 – Rs. C 445/09 – IMC Securities, BKR 10/2011, pp. 425 ff. (with Dr. Matthias Heusel)
Insurance working group meeting of Netzwerk Compliance e.V. - Lecture event on 21.06.2016
Aljoscha Schmidberger spoke together with Dr. Ulrich-Peter Kinzl on the topic "Forensic Securities - A Case for Compliance Practice".
BVI Bundesverband Investment und Asset Management e.V. - Lecture event on 25.02.2016
Aljoscha Schmidberger spoke together with Dr. Ulrich-Peter Kinzl on the topic "Forensic participation certificates and bonds of German banks". The event was organised by the BVI Bundesverband Investment und Asset Management e.V. The event took place on 25 February 2016 at the BVI premises in Frankfurt.