Aljoscha advises national and international clients on all corporate matters, in particular medium-sized and publicly listed companies as well as corporate groups undergoing transformation, restructuring, M&A transactions and subsequent regulations. This work includes personally advising business executives, executive boards and supervisory boards. Aljoscha also advises clients on capital market issues.
Aljoscha completed his studies in law at the Eberhard Karls University in Tübingen. Prior to joining BRP, he worked as an academic assistant at the department for Civil Law, Civil Procedure and Insolvency Law, European and International Private and Procedural Law at the Eberhard Karls University Tübingen (Prof. Dr. Christoph Thole, Dipl.-Kfm.). He also worked as an attorney in a medium-sized law firm in Stuttgart. Aljoscha is a member of the Bankrechtliche Vereinigung – Wissenschaftliche Gesellschaft für Bankrecht e.V. Aljoscha has been working as an attorney at BRP since 2015.
Aljoscha speaks German and English.
- DGAP-News, Termination of Fürstenberg bonds, 25.03.2021 (together with Dr. Ulrich-Peter Kinzl)
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, West LB's cum-ex deals catch up with NRW, 22.12.2020
- Commentary on §§ 230 - 233 of the German Commercial Code (silent partnership), in: Henssler/Herresthal/Paschke (eds.), Beck'scher Großkommentar Online zum Handels- und Gesellschaftsrecht (BeckOGK.HGR), C.H.Beck, Munich, 1st - 5th edition, status 01.06.2021 (together with Dr. Ulrich-Peter Kinzl)
- The bankruptcy challenge of (excessive) salaries and remunerations of managers, chief restructuring officers and external restructuring consultants, BB 1/2/2014, pp. 3 ff. (together with Prof. Dr. Christoph Thole)
Comments on judgements
- Comment on the Federal Court of Justice, Judgment of 24 July 2018 – IV ZR 599/16 – On the duty of the court to consider submissions of a party which contradict previous, expressly given submissions, WUB 2019, pp. 77 ff. (together with Sonja Ströhle)
- Comment on the Federal Court of Justice, Judgment of 14 June 2016 – II ZR 121/15 - Right of holders of participation certificates to information, WuB 2016, pp. 747 ff.
- Comment on the European Court of Justice, Judgment of 7 July 2011 – Rs. C 445/09 – IMC Securities, BKR 10/2011, pp. 425 ff. (together with Dr. Matthias Heusel)
In 2021, Aljoscha has been recognized as "Lawyer of the year" in banking and finance law in the ranking „Germany´s Best Lawyers“ released by the US specialist publisher Best Lawyers and the Handelsblatt.
In 2020, Aljoscha has been recognized as a leading expert in banking and finance law in the ranking
„Germany´s Best Lawyers“ released by the US specialist publisher Best Lawyers and the Handelsblatt.
Insurance working group meeting of Netzwerk Compliance e.V. - Lecture event on 21.06.2016
Aljoscha Schmidberger spoke together with Dr. Ulrich-Peter Kinzl on the topic "Forensic Securities - A Case for Compliance Practice".
BVI Bundesverband Investment und Asset Management e.V. - Lecture event on 25.02.2016
Aljoscha Schmidberger spoke together with Dr. Ulrich-Peter Kinzl on the topic "Forensic participation certificates and bonds of German banks". The event was organised by the BVI Bundesverband Investment und Asset Management e.V. The event took place on 25 February 2016 at the BVI premises in Frankfurt.