Dr. Roman Wexler-Uhlich
Roman advises corporations, shareholders, directors and officers on both national and cross-border issues in commercial law and liability. He also advises and represents clients in disputes before state courts as well as national and international arbitral tribunals and also sits as an arbitrator.
Roman studied law at the University of Münster. Before joining BRP in 2019, he worked in Dispute Resolution with Gleiss Lutz, spent a few months with a city law firm in London, and was a partner at the corporate law boutique Kuhn Carl Norden Baum in Stuttgart.
Roman is a member of the German Arbitration Institute (DIS) and the German-British Jurists Association. He has also been called to the Bar of England & Wales (MT 2014).
Roman speaks German, English, Dutch and Spanish.
- On the competence of the insolvency administrator to choose a forum, ZIP 2015, 1213 ff. (with Dr. Simon Wagner)
- Commercial intermediary contracts in insolvency – Authorised dealer contracts, BB 2011, 519 ff. (with Dr. Eric Wagner)
- Commercial intermediary contracts in insolvency – Commercial agency contracts, BB 2010, 2454 ff. (with Dr. Eric Wagner)
- Judging against the legislator? – On the effectiveness of contributions by paying back-and-forth after the „Cash-Pool II“ decision of the Federal Court of Justice, NZG 2009, 1327 ff. (with Dr. Martin Schockenhoff)
- Advisory involvement in collegiate bodies: A dogmatic analysis using the example of the law of the organisation of local communities, 2007 (Dissertation).
The JUVE Handbook German Commercial Law Firms (2018/2019) writes about Roman:
- „[…] one would rather find Wexler-Uhlich in the courtroom defending damages claims against top management. There, competitors have perceived him as an ‚excellent jurist‘.“
- „[…] also the young litigator Dr Roman Wexler-Uhlich enjoys a good reputation concerning corporate law issues.“
JUVE quotes competitors on Roman:
- „stays on top of things in complex cases“ (JUVE Handbuch 2021/2022)
- „excellent“ (JUVE Handbuch 2020/2021)
- „thorough, excellent pleadings“ (JUVE Handbuch 2019/2020)
- „outstanding litigator“ (JUVE Handbuch 2019/2020)
- „professionally very competent“ (JUVE Handbuch 2018/2019)
- „smart and clever“ (JUVE Handbuch 2018/2019)
In 2020, 2021 and 2022, Roman has been recognized as a leading expert in litigation and since 2022 in arbitration and mediation in the ranking „Germany´s Best Lawyers“ released by the US specialist publisher Best Lawyers and the Handelsblatt.